We are one of the UK’s leading providers of Property Inspection Reports. 

We can provide reports anywhere in the country either in person or in a desktop report. Both are accepted by the UKBA and we have an enviable record in producing reports for people who obtain their visas.

Try out our free assessment tool now or contact us for a chat and we can answer any questions you have.

UK immigration rules require any application made to the Home Office for the purposes of Entry Clearance or for settlement be supported by proof that the Sponsor and Applicant  have adequate accommodation to support themselves and live in. Applications that commonly fall into this requirement include Spouse Visa, Fiance Visa (Marriage Visa), family dependents (such as Children, Parents, Grandparents). This can only be achieved by a property inspection report.

Property Inspection Reports must be carried out by individuals who are  suitably Qualified to do so including Solicitors they must also be independent.

Property Inspection Reports are the only proof which UKBA and UKVI consider acceptable to prove that you have adequate accommodation.


Here at Immigration Property report we have the satisfaction of helping people reunite and settle in the UK. Whether it’s a Spouse, Fiance, Partner, Child or Parent, all applicants for Visas in the UK require aProperty Report. We have the pleasure in providing them.

But why is a Property Report Required?

The report demonstrates to the authorities that the Applicant(s) will have not need to be re-housed once in the UK.  The Sponsor needs to provide evidence that they have the funds to maintain and accommodate the Applicant(s) without recourse to public funds.  The Home Office/UKBA must be satisfied that the Sponsor can accommodate the Applicant(s) in housing that that will not become statutorily overcrowded under the provisions of Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and is safe and fit for human habitation under Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004.

The property report is, in most cases, a formality. However for those where some issues arise we can provide advice on what needs to be done in order to meet the criteria.


property inspection report process





Obtaining a Property Inspection Report for UKBA is a required step in achieving a UK settlement visa. It sounds a daunting task but in reality arranging the inspection and receiving the report are straightforward. And they don’t need to be expensive!



The Inspection

After completing an Inspection Request Form we will get in touch with you to ask for further details and arrange the visit. We will also inform you of any paperwork and documentation you will need.

On the day of the visit your Solicitor or Assessor will call you to confirm your appointment. Once they arrive a visual inspection of the outside of your property will be made, notes will be taken including whether the property is a detached/semi/terraced, if there is off road parking etc.

Inside your Solicitor or Assessor will take details of the residence, check ID and any other relevant document. Once complete, all living spaces will be measured.

If there are any issues these will be explained to you and what you can do to rectify the same. You will than receive a report detailing your assessment which you can use to support your immigration application. The visit will last approximately 20 – 45 minutes.

The Report

Our Property Inspection Reports are compliant with the UKBA (United Kingdom Border Agency)  and UKVI (United Kingdom Visa and Immigration) guidance and guidelines. They are carried out by a  Solicitor or Consultant Assessors who will ensure that your property meets the required standard to pass successfully. Your Immigration Property Inspection Report will include the following:

  •  A description of your property;
  • Names of the Sponsor, Applicant and any other Residents;
  • Breakdown of number of rooms, measured also by area size;
  •  Any environmental notes relating to Category 1 and Category 2 issues as per immigration guidance:
  • Statement setting out permitted number of individuals and the threshold, based on both the Room and Space standards as set out in legislation and guidance:
  • Qualification of assessor and official stamp certifying the report.




Immigration Property Report work with qualified and licensed Solicitors and Assessors across the country. This means that wherever you are we can help you get your Property Report – and do so quickly and cost-effectively in a  respectful way.

To arrange your report simply give us a call during office hours on 0141 280 5694 or schedule a call below.

Or complete the form below. We will then contact you to ask you some questions, tell you the documentation we require at the assessment, and arrange an inspection at a time that is convenient to you.